Feeling Like a Kid Again

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Last night was probably one of the best nights I've had in years.

I had had a really long day. I woke up late, rushed around to get into work for my 8:00AM meeting, busted my butt all day, then had a meeting for our P4P group until 8:00PM. We ended up not getting home until almost 9:00PM but for some reason, we still weren't all that sleepy.

We were tired from the day in general but just not ready to go to bed. We wanted a fun and relaxing way to unwind a bit and after some thought, we got an idea.

So Mike grabbed a couple of wine glasses, a nice bottle of cabernet sauvignon from our trip to Washington, turned on some music, and then we constructed this...


In the middle of our living room we made the coziest little pillow fort I've ever seen. I haven't made one in probably more than a decade but the minute that we turned on the twinkle lights and our heads hit the pillows, we felt like kids at a sleepover again. We talked and cuddled and laughed and for once in our busy lives took time to really enjoy the moment.

Around 11:00PM I got a craving for something sweet and decided to whip up a delcious recipe for a deep dish chocolate chip cookie for two. Only fifteen minutes later we were in chocolately, sugary, cookie heaven, I tell you!

As we lay there under the glow of the lights with full bellies and a snuggly kitten in between us, the thunder began to roll and the lightning flashed all around us. We fell asleep to the sounds of the storm and I have to say, it was the perfect ending to an otherwise crazy day. It just goes to show that you don't have to wait until the weekend to have all the fun. Even when you're a bit run down, there's always a little adventure to be had - even in the simple moments.

Have a fabulous Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post. It's nice to see that you can still have a late and fun night snuggling with the one you love on a GASP, WEEK NIGHT! That storm was pretty intense though- I thought the roof was going to come off at one point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Megan! Yea, the storm seemed pretty intense! The fort was so much fun though - a great way to relax! I recommend it! haha :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE IT! and I totally slept through that storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The storm was what probably topped it all off for me! No better way to sleep during the summer!

      Delete
  3. Will definitely add this to my summer list! I love twinkle lights, and this sounds heavenly to relax and cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It was sooo much fun! :)

      Delete