Overnight Oats with Blueberries and Chia Seeds

Friday, June 13, 2014

So this past week, Mike and I decided to try the Buzzfeed Clean Eating Challenge. Have you heard of it?

It's basically a two-week "detox" plan designed to help you eat real, healthy food and give you more energy. Now, I have never believed in "detoxing" (and I still don't) but when I flipped through the recipes, I really wanted to give it a shot because everything looked delicious! They include so many fresh vegetables, fruits, and lean meats, and the best part? They literally do all of the work for you. They provide everything you need from grocery lists and a prep schedule, to an equipment list and recipes. It's all there for you to use for free!

So far we are only a few days in but I really wanted to share one of the recipes here because it was seriously so delicious! It is by far one of the best breakfasts I've had in a long time. Goodbye boring cereal, hello overnight oats! Even if you don't do the rest of the challenge, you seriously need to try this recipe!

[via]

Overnight Oats with Blueberries and Chia Seeds

Ingredients
1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 cup blueberries

Directions
Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds really good! and I'll have to check out that detox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! The recipes are so easy and so far they are all tasty!

      Delete
  2. I am so obsessed with overnight oats lately. SO easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are awesome! I need to find a few more recipes to try!

      Delete