Paint Nite Baltimore - The Point at Fells

Tuesday, June 10, 2014


A few weeks ago, my friend Chelsea and I ventured out to Fells Point to experience a Baltimore Paint Nite.

I've seen a few other bloggers posting about these events and a couple of my friends have done them as well. And since I'd heard nothing but positive reviews, I thought it might be fun to try one out for myself.

This was my first time, so I was a little worried about how it would all go down since I am the furthest thing from an artist.

I mean, guys, I do science.

I do numbers. Logic. Reason. I like math and straight lines and rules. Not the whole subjective, artsy, intuitive thing. I'm just not good at it. I don't always get it. I can appreciate it, but I just suck at creating my own. My brain doesn't work that way. Seriously. I can barely draw stick people. So I honestly thought there was no way I was going to be able to paint an entire canvas and make it look like anything other than a toddler's art project.

Surprisingly, I was wrong!


Somehow, by some miracle, (aka wine) I mustered up some confidence and ended up with a pretty sweet piece of art!

Chelsea doing her thang.


My finished painting!

A lot of it had to do with the awesome instructor we had who basically held our hands through the whole thing but it was still so much fun! And for those who have a functioning right brain and like to paint regularly, you can do your own creative interpretations of what the instructor is painting. There were several people at our event that didn't follow the examples and kind of went their own way and ended up with some really gorgeous looking stuff.

So whether you are a total dumbo when it comes to art like me or you are a seasoned painter, I really think these Paint Nites are worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment