Let there be bonfires!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It seems like we've been crossing things off left and right from my 101 list recently. We've made strides this summer to start tackling some of the big items and I really hope we can keep the momentum rolling! Last weekend we knocked out probably one of the most anticipated ones on the list:

#4 - Install a firepit and #96 - Have a bonfire!


I could not be more excited to finally have our very own place to build bonfires and roast as many marshmallows as my little s'more-loving heart desires. I just love sitting around the fire with friends and family with fireflies dancing all around us, telling stories, drinking wine, laughing and joking, and going to bed at the end of the night smelling like a campfire. Before, I could only enjoy those things when we went camping, but now we can do them whenever we want and only a few steps from our back door!


The project turned out to be relatively easy and took Mike only a couple of hours to complete. In a matter of one afternoon he bought all the supplies, dug the hole, layed the gravel, stacked the bricks and BOOM - we were ready to fire it up!

Here are a few pictures of the steps along the way in case you are interested in how we did it.




 
 

Mike ended up digging down a bit more inside the hole to make it a little more pit-like and for safety. Overall, I could not be happier with how it turned out and I can't wait to use it again!

Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I'm so jealous!!! My parents just installed a firepit too and allll I want is a gooey smores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S'mores are seriously one of my all-time favorite parts of summer! I could eat one every day haha

      Delete