Carlisle turns ONE!

Friday, August 1, 2014


It's hard to believe that our little fur ball of love turned a whole year old yesterday! I don't know how or when it happened, but looking through some old photos yesterday, it amazes me how much he's grown! I can't believe how tiny he was when we first brough him home on the day we adopted him.

 
 
 
I remember for the first few nights in our house he slept under the couch even when we tried to get him to come to bed with us. It made me sad to think that he was scared, like we were going to leave him or something, but before long, he got the idea that we weren't going anywhere and happily found a new spot beneath Mike's chin.

He's brought so much life and love into our home and into our hearts. I can't imagine my life without him and his quirky little personality.

His obsession with bags/totes/boxes and trying to sneakily swipe anyone who walks by him.

That ferocious kitty meow. He's by far the most talkative kitty I've ever known.

I can ever get any reading done anymore with him sitting on top of or directly in front of my books. Even now as a big cat he still does it and that face gets me every time! (He's one of the main reasons you haven't seen any book reviews on here in a while!)

He wants whatever we are eating no matter what it is.

He likes joining in on Family Game Night, too.

He's best buddies with his doggy cousins- Lucky and Lucy.

This is what we wake up to at least once a week right above us as he tries to swat at our heads and balance on top of the rail.

And the endless kitten snuggles.

Here's to another great year with our baby love!
Happy Birthday, Carlisle! We love you so much!

4 comments:

  1. bahaha! Did the little guy give you some good Scrabble word ideas? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I feel like the only thing he would spell out would be "TUNA."

      Delete
  2. 2 things:
    1. Carlisle may be the cutest kitten I've seen (mine excluded, because she's jealous and I'm biased towards her)
    2. he looks like a really goofy cat. Which is amazing. Love the last pic!

    We have one but now we are fostering 2 kittens (brother and sister) for my brother in law. Let's see how this goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! He's hilarious and definitely keeps life interesting. That last picture I took because I had to document the face I wake up to every morning. He lays there like that upside down meowing at me until I wake up. It's so funny but so cute! And good luck with the kittens! They can be such fun balls of energy!

      Delete