Checking In

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Believe it or not, in two weeks I'll be finished my very first grad school class. I've got one more exam next week and then the final and I'm DONE!

My fall class doesn't start until September so I've got about two weeks off until I have to get back in the swing of things again. It'll be really nice to have a little break to breathe and enjoy what's left of summer.

Things have been a bit nuts for us lately with school, work, family in town, and summer plans and I haven't had much to talk about here. After taking a little break for my birthday weekend, I had to play catch up with all the work I had been neglecting so we haven't been doing much of anything besides working, hanging around the house, visiting with family, and studying... well, for me anyway. August kind of snuck up on me and I feel like before we know it, the leaves will start to change and we'll be picking out Halloween costumes. (I secretly can't wait!)

So I thought for today, I would post a couple of pictures of some of the small things we've been up to aside from the boring stuff.


I picked up a few plants at Lowe's the other day and I was finally able to find a use for the anthropologie planters we got for our wedding. I absolutely love them but couldn't quite decide where to put them. I think they definitely add a little character and charm to the porch!


I've also finally started to decorate the house. I know, I know, it's pathetic. We've been living here for more than a year and still don't have any pictures on the walls. Well that's all beginning to change now! I found this awesome pitcher at Michael's for $6 (it was originally $35!) and now I can't wait to start filling our home with all sorts of pretty things!

I've been on a roll when it comes to crossing things off my 101 list and I'm working on a few more at the moment that I can't wait to share. For now though, I've only got pictures to document a couple of the random ones.

#71 - Successfully French Braid my own hair.


and #85 - Do a run/walk for charity.


We ran a 5K on Saturday with a bunch of our family and friends to benefit both Kids at Hope and Recreation Deeds for Special Needs in their "Hop(e), Skip & Jump 5K." We all decided to name our team the Neon Ninjas and dressed up accordingly. These guys are a hilarious bunch and we had so much fun. I hope we all do it again next year!


We also went to our first O's game of the season this past weekend and the birds beat the Mariners 1-0! Although it was cloudy, we still had a great time since Mike's work sponsored the day. We had great seats and got $80 in vouchers to spend at the stadium. It was a great time but I think I ate enough ballpark food for 10 people. I just can't pass up free stuff!

And saving the best for last... our family from Chicago is in town! My aunt and uncle and their two girls are staying in Baltimore for the week and we could not be more excited for their visit. It's always a blast when they're in town. And it's only going to get better when my aunt from Virginia comes up next weekend to visit with everyone before they all leave! It will be one heck of a weekend and I can't wait!


This was taken at a family game night on Sunday. We played a little Left-Right-Center, Hold 'em, 5 and 7-Card Stud, 5-Card Draw, BlackJack, and my favorite game - Indian! Nothing like a true Larson family game night!

4 comments:

  1. those planters are beautiful! And it's ok to wait before putting things up. You have the rest of your lives to do so! I call my house a constant work in progress. a very slow progress. lol Good luck on the final two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yea, I've learned to accept the fact that it's a process and it's actually more fun to take your time!

      Delete
  2. A house is always being decorated and updated. It's boring if it looks like a perfect show house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo true! I've started to realize that a house is never truly "finished." It's also much more exciting to keep adding new things as my tastes change :)

      Delete