Five on Friday

Friday, August 15, 2014

[via]

Happy weekend, friends!

I'm keeping it short and sweet today so that I can really maximize my study time as I prepare for my final on Monday. All week I've been dreaming about those two magical weeks coming up where I won't have to do anything related to biochemistry - well, except for my job, I guess... Ugh, anyway...

Here are five things I am looking forward to doing once I'm done!

1. Getting a massage. I got a gift certificate from my mother-in-law for a birthday massage but I've been saving it for after my class is over. If there is any week to pamper myself, this one coming up is IT!

2. Getting a pedicure with my mama. We've been trying to make plans to do this since mother's day. Yes, it's been that long since my last one - yikes! We are both long overdue for a girls' night out and I am sooo looking forward to spending some quality time with her. The pretty toes are just a bonus!

3. Crying my eyes out ... while reading The Fault in Our Stars. Okay, I'm not excited about the whole crying thing, but I am looking forward to finally being able to get my hands on the book. Everyone I know has read this one and says it really is a wonderful and touching story so I'm ready to stop feeling like I'm missing out.

4. Playing around with my DSLR. It's been a while since I've actually picked up my camera and gone out to explore a new place. I honestly think the last time I even took pictures on something other than my iPhone was back in May during our stay in the treehouses in Washington State. It's time to dust off the old Nikon and do a little adventuring!

5. Searching for the perfect LBD. I've been on the hunt over the last couple of months for the perfect little black dress and I think I may have finally found the one! I'm hoping to wear it on our anniversary date coming up next month and I can't wait to surprise Mike with it! Fingers crossed!

Linking up today with:

6 comments:

  1. This is such a fun list! I've only had one professional massage before--on our honeymoon! I reallllly want to get one soon. I hope you enjoy!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have my appointment scheduled for this Friday and I CAN'T WAIT! :)

      Delete
  2. The Fault in our Stars also made me cry my eyes out! It's so sad and sweet, at the same time. I won't want to read it again though. Too heavy for me :)

    J
    http://wildforwhite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've heard! I just picked it up and I'm planning to start tonight - I'm pretty sure I'm going to bawl! haha

      Delete
  3. Laura,

    I just got finished reading ALL of your blog posts and I love your blog! I am also from Maryland - Frederick County - and am hoping to try a few restaurants you mentioned soon. Keep writing, I love reading!
    P.S. - make a trip to Frederick, MD. The downtown area is adorable with a bunch of delicious restaurants to enjoy!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, tanks so much for reading!! :) And I love love love Frederick! We don't go out there too often because it's a bit of a drive but my husband runs the Frederick Half marathon every year and we were looking to find a neat place to stay overnight next year before the race since it's so early in the morning. I'll have to get recommendations from you! :)

      Delete