So many reasons to celebrate!

Thursday, September 18, 2014


Well, I can officially say that life is on the upswing! There are so many good things to share! (This post will probably contain a crap load of exclamation points so I'm sorry in advance.)

Today Mike returns from his week-long business trip!! I'm excited to have him home again for many reasons but mainly so I don't have to continue sleeping with twenty pillows in my bed to keep it from feeling so empty. I hate sleeping by myself. Unfortunately, Carlisle is not the greatest cuddle buddy when Mike's gone either. He probably would be if he didn't wake up suddenly at 3:00 in the morning in what we like to call "LSD mode" inspired by this meme:

[via]

This is quite literally his face and he sort of sits at the edge of the bed and stalks your feet waiting for them to move. The minute that they do, he pounces, licks them a few times, takes a big chomp, and then sprints out of the room or under the bed before you can catch him. It's his favorite game. Ugh.

Anyway, I can't wait to pick Mike up this afternoon! ALSO, our 2nd wedding anniversary is Monday!

I can't believe it's been two years already since this day...

We have an entire weekend full of fun things planned and I am bursting with excitement and anticipation! We've got hiking, camping, wineries, dinner and more on the itinerary - FRIDAY, JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

On top of all of this, TWO MORE wonderful things happened in the last few days...

Last night, I went out to dinner with my lovely friend Ali who recently got engaged to her boo thang Matt. They have been doing a bunch of wedding planning and recently decided on their wedding party and guess who gets to be a bridesmaid?! I DO! She asked me last night and gave me this absolutely adorable gift bag to go with her super sweet "Will you be my bridesmaid?" card!


I am thrilled to share a special part in their big day and I can't wait for next October! Woohoo!

And lastly, but definitely not leastly (yea, that's not a word but it's staying) OUR R01 WAS FUNDED!!!

After all of the craziness at work, I SWEAR the stars aligned on this one. I was pretty much ready to start throwing my resume out there to other labs for fear that I wouldn't have a job next year, but then just as I started making a few connections downtown, lo and behold, my boss tells me literally two days later that the NIH has funded our grant! We worked so hard on this one so I am both ecstatic and relieved. Yay for job security!

It seems that despite the deep and dark valleys, there are always some pretty great peaks that follow. Have a wonderful Thursday!

"As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better." -Steve Maraboli

2 comments: