Two Years of Wedded Bliss

Thursday, September 25, 2014

After this past weekend, there is no doubt that I have fallen deeper in love with my home state. Maryland, you have my heart and you are one of the most beautiful places in all of the world. I am so lucky to call you my home.

We spent our anniversary weekend trapsing all around good old Maryland from wine country up north and then into the heart of Baltimore for the most incredible dinner and then down south to our home to enjoy a bit more of the great outdoors.

 

We tasted some of the best wine and cider in the region, saw one of the most beautiful of flower fields at sunset, dined on the most delectable local and seasonal foods at Woodberry Kitchen (don't worry there will be a review), and slept under the stars in our own back yard.


 
 


It was absolute perfection and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend with my love.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any more magical, Mike gave me some of the absolute craziest and sweetest gifts I've ever received. His first gift to me (because year two = cotton) was utterly mind-blowing. I cannot even describe how excited I was when I opened the package. I'm pretty sure my eyes literally popped out of my head and the neighbors heard me screaming with joy.

I need to first preface this by saying I AM OBSESSED WITH SLOTHS. You know Kristen Bell and her whole mental breakdown the first time she ever met a sloth? No? Let me refresh your memory.



Let's just say, I get her. We pretty much have the same life goals and the day that I get to meet a sloth (hopefully next year in Costa Rica), I'm pretty sure I will have a very similar episode.

I have sloth socks, sloth shirts, sloth stuffed animals, sloth books, sloth mugs, sloth jewelry... the list goes on and on... but what I didn't have was a giant (and insanely soft) sloth onesie that I can wear as jammies. Well, that is, until my husband gave one to me Monday night.


YES.

Aside from the best gift ever, he outdid himself even further when he gave me a silver heart necklace that had the sound waves of his voice saying "I love you" engraved on it. No, I'm not kidding. How I deserve such an incredible, loving, thoughtful husband is something I will never know.

So, in case you are wondering, aside from planning our weekend, I gave him this in return:



I made it myself from inspiration I found on etsy. It's a tree with two leaves - one for each year that we have been married. After each anniversary, we can sew another leaf onto the tree and watch it slowly grow throughout the years.

Ugh, why can't every weekend be anniversary weekend?!

4 comments:

  1. I totally saw sloths while zip lining in Costa Rica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh SO COOL! I can't wait to gooo!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad your anniversary was so great!! Couldn't be for two better people.
    There's seriously no better time to say this: You. Me. Footie pajama sleep-over party! I received hoodie-footie PJs for my birthday!! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh we should totally wear them when we go to see Gone Girl lol no one will think we are weird at all... hahaha

      Delete