Best and Worst Vacations - Blog Challenge Day 7

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Today's challenge: Best/Worst vacations.

To be totally honest, the worst vacation I ever took is not something that I can comfortably blog about since too many friends and family read my posts. Even if no one I knew read my blog, I still don't think I would be comfortable talking about it since it was the most miserable trip I've ever been on. Who wants to relive all that negativity?

To avoid being totally cryptic, this awful vacation involved people who were not my family members (most of whom I had met only an hour before our flight out of Maryland) and they were by far the loudest, most immature, rude, and obnoxious people I've ever met in my entire life. They barely knew me and somehow I ended up getting dragged into their drama for a full 8 days and 7 nights. Now, it wasn't all bad, since I ended up meeting a couple of cool people, and there were a few (fleeting) moments of fun, but I would be lying if I didn't say that it was a pretty intense emotional rollercoaster. Thank god there was booze.

So instead of discussing the awful details of that trip, I figured I would instead share some photos and memories from two of my all-time favorites.

Number one? Our honeymoon! What newlywed didn't love their honeymoon? Okay, I'm sure there's a few, but for us, it was one of the best trips we have ever taken. Looking back at the photos now, I'm extremely jealous of myself. I wish I could be back there floating in the Caribbean instead of sitting at this desk.


For our honeymoon we took a week-long cruise on Royal Caribbean out of Port Canaveral to the Western Caribbean.




We sailed to Labadee, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and Mexico. We relaxed on all the beaches, ate incredible food, drank way too many cocktails, danced our tails off, and had a genuinely wonderful time.




Some of the highlights were ziplining in Labadee, jet-skiing and snorkeling in Grand Cayman, getting massages at the on-board spa, going to piano bars and comedy clubs with our other newlywed friends every night, and playing literally every single trivia game the ship offered. We lost every time, but god it was fun. If you've never been on a cruise, I highly, highly recommend checking it out. You won't regret it.

The second vacation that I'm going to share today has since become the highlight of my year. This past May we had the opportunity to stay in a treehouse (the Burl) at Treehouse Point in Washington State.


We spent a week there hiking and exploring every mountain we could find, checking out the city of Seattle, drinking tons of local wine and coffee, eating more oysters than we could count, and visiting with our awesome family.




 



 


It was one of those trips that is actually kind of hard to describe to people since we did and saw so many things. We took advantage of every moment and somehow, didn't end up exhausted in the end. It was actually rejuvenating and incredibly relaxing. I think just having time together exploring a place that neither of us had ever seen was what made it so great. And, come on, what better city to explore than Seattle?

To read the full posts with links and details, click here for Treehouse Point and here for our Seattle adventure.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I got chills looking at your pictures!!! The Caribbean AND Seattle?! Awesome trips, awesome pictures. LOVE it!

    Your blog is the cutest, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) With all of these vacation pictures everyone is posting, I want to book a trip NOW!

      Delete
  2. I hope we get to go to the Caribbean one day, looks amazing!

    diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do too! It's definitely a wonderful experience!

      Delete
  3. sounds amazing and some really great memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want sooo badly to go back!

      Delete