If I Won the Lottery - Blogtober Challenge Day 1

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

[via]

I can answer today's first Blogtober challenge prompt in one word: travel.

If I won the lottery I would travel.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Mike and I were suddenly to strike it rich, we would quit our jobs immediately and book plane tickets for the next flight out of the U.S.

We have been talking and dreaming and dying to see the world since the day we met and although we have traveled a little here and there, our hard earned dollars have been destined elsewhere for the last few years. Buying a house, getting married, and paying off school loans take priority, I guess, at this stage in life.

There are a few other things we would probably do with the money too, like pay off all of our debts, make sure our families were secure financially, and make a couple of large charitable donations to the causes close to our hearts. But aside from all of that, we would most definitely travel.

It would be incredible to be able to take a couple of years to do nothing but explore new places, experience new cultures and traditions, eat and drink the finest foreign cuisine, and meet people from all different walks of life.

We'd go everywhere. Europe, Asia, South America, Australia - our list of destinations is quite long.

For the last couple of years, we've been drawing up plans to see Costa Rica, the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Amsterdam, and New Zealand. And that's without the big bucks. I can only imagine how much more ground we would cover with a much larger bank account.

So, now that we have a plan, can some please tell me, where's my winning ticket?

So excited to be linking up for the Blogtober challenge this month! I hope you join me in blogging every day in October! Click below to find out more!

Helene in Between Blogtober

8 comments:

  1. Found you via the link up. Traveling the world is on the top of my lotto list as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I just wish we could all actually win the lotto now! :)

      Delete
  2. Travel is also on my list. Its all I would do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, there's just so much of the world to see!

      Delete
  3. Same here! Travel would definitely be one of my biggest priorities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha and you've seen so much of it too! I can't wait to say that I've been to even half the places you've visited! :)

      Delete
  4. Travel is on the top of my list.

    http://innerworkingsofthefemalemind.wordpress.com/2014/10/01/blogtober-day-1/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to all the places. I would love to visit them all too!

    -Jackie
    http://ournashvillelife.com/

    ReplyDelete