Holiday Hoopla

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Has it really been fifteen days since I last blogged? That's embarrassing.

I've been so busy with finishing up with school for the semester and getting things ready for Christmas that I haven't had time for much else.

I'm pleased to report that I finished my class with an A+ though! Hard work really does pay off. And who knew that Hopkins had an actual "A+" in their grading system? From what I remember about the +/- system, the highest you could get was an A, but hey, seeing that little plus on there really made me feel good, so I'm not going to complain. Two A's down, only eight more to go! (hopefully...)

We spent the weekend after I took my final exam celebrating with our friends in downtown Annapolis. It was just what we needed. The store fronts were all decorated with fresh evergreen and twinkling lights. The windows were lit with candles and wreaths. Even the alleyways were decorated with snowflakes and bright white bulbs! Annapolis is by far my favorite town any time of the year, but there's just something extra magical about it at Christmas time.

 
 
 
We were surprised to find the Christmas boat parade in full swing when we got down there. Between that and the Navy win at the Army/Navy game earlier that day, the streets and bars were filled with happy people. It was such a beautiful evening and to make things a little more festive we snuck a little Bailey's in our hot chocolate as we watched the parade.



 
 
 

We spent the rest of the night dancing at some of our favorite spots. It was great to get out and really let loose after so many weeks of studying.

 
Santa's helpers opened up the dance floor with a giant holiday jumprope...?
 

Last week, we finally got some lights up outside, but unfortunately I don't have any photos to show for it. And not surprisingly, right after Mike got everything strung up, half of the lights went out on the left side of the roof, so it's probably better to just imagine what it would look like anyway. That's what you get when you buy your Christmas lights at Wal-mart, I guess. We now know exactly how Clark felt at his anticlimactic light ceremony...


Better luck next year!

1 comment:

  1. Love love the pics of the boat parade! I remember adding that event to the Yelp website and mentally adding it to my list of things I wanted to do, but the weekend was so filled we didn't have time! :(
    Yay for A's. I'm glad you are killing it!!!!

    ReplyDelete