On the horizon for 2015

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

[via]

The other night, Mike and I were sitting around talking about the upcoming year. We are beginning to plan out our budget, projects, and vacations for 2015 and as we were writing down all of the major events we have coming up, we started to reflect on how many positive things we've got going on next year.

For starters, my dad will be graduating in the Spring with his Master's degree! We are so incredibly proud of him! He has been working for a few years, chugging away one class at a time, and in just a couple of weeks he will be finishing up his final project. We can't wait to be there with him when he is awarded his degree!

We have a few milestone birthdays in 2015 but probably the most significant is Mike's 30th! We are hoping to do a giant combined birthday celebration with Mike and his mom and it's bound to be a blast!

Mike is not the only thing turning 30 next year either. In October, my parents will be celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary! I hope to plan something extra special for them!

My mom is also planning to retire after more than 35 years in September! She is one of the most hardworking, dedicated, and intelligent people I know and she so deserves this! I also hope that when she retires, she will have more time to come up to my work to have lunch with me. Ha!

We are also planning the trip of all trips for sometime in the fall next year. Where are we going? COSTA RICA!!! I am finally going to get to meet my sloths!!!

And just when you think we've packed all the fun and excitement we could possibly fit into 2015, there's more!

Three, count them THREE, of our absolute favorite couples are getting married next fall and I am in ALL THREE OF THEIR WEDDINGS! We've got Katie and Tyler in September, Ali and Matt in October, and Chelsea and Jordan in November! Ahhh!!!

SERIOUSLY SO MUCH TO CELEBRATE!!! (AND SERIOUSLY SO MANY EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!)

If you can't already tell, I am so excited for next year! 2015 is bound to be one of our best years yet!

What have you got planned for 2015? I'd love to hear about it below!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous about Costa Rica! I am dying to get back there! You will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen all your photos and I know how much you loved going! I seriously can't wait! That is probably what I'm most excited for next year!

      Delete