Lately...

Thursday, February 5, 2015


[via]

I feel like I've gotten into the habit of doing these kinds of posts whenever there's not much to talk about. Ironically, there's actually a ton that I could be talking about right now but somehow I just can't find the words.

So today, I'm hoping to sort of put everything that's cluttering my mind aside and focus on this fun little update.

Making: Bread.  Lots and lots of homemade bread. I guess it's sort of become my thing.
Cooking: Anything hot. Soups, stews, casseroles, pasta... things that will warm us up inside since it's so cold outside.
Drinking: Caramel lattes. Like they're going out of style.
Reading: Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Wanting: to get out of Maryland and jet off to a place where the coldest it gets is 75.
Looking: at my mini Christmas tree, still decorated on my desk. Embarassing, but I'm still too lazy to take it down.
Playing: "Heart's Content" by Brandi Carlile.
Wasting: time, avoiding my to-do list.
Sewing: back on the black button that fell off of my green peacoat.
Wishing: I could stop losing to everyone I know in Trivia Crack.
Enjoying: my new iPhone!
Waiting: for Spring and flowers and birds and WARMTH.
Liking: the odds for us getting a big tax refund this year (otherwise known as a "Travel Fund Stimulus Package")
Wondering: if we'll get any good snow accumulation this side of the Mason Dixon line this year. At least enough to get a day off of work.
Loving: this amazing and hilarious new show we discovered called The Great British Bake Off. It's officially one of my favorites.

Hoping: that our neighbors up North catch a break with this next storm coming their way.
Marvelling: at the fact that Roger Goodell still has a job. 

Needing: a hug. This past weekend was rough.
Smelling: my yummy Burberry Brit Sheer perfume.
Wearing: my heavy coat and scarf and gloves. My desk is really that cold.
Following: (still) the amazing stories of the kids at Mott Hall Bridges Academy. They were just on Ellen!

Noticing: how crazy it is that it's already February.
Dreaming: about traveling to Costa Rica in December. I am so excited for all we have planned!
Thinking: we should probably book our plane tickets soon.
Bookmarking: This recipe for wine gummies. Best snack ever invented.

Opening: packages of office supplies - my favorite! I go nuts for brand new planners, binders, notebooks, and pens. I'm a bit of a nerd, if you haven't already noticed.
Giggling: at all things Left Shark from the Superbowl halftime show.

Feeling: somewhat melancholy and ready for a change.

Have a fabulous Thursday and Happy February!

4 comments:

  1. Going to Costa Rica sounds amazing! I have been obsessed with all things slow cooked lately. In fact, I am making stew right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with ya! I don't know what I'd do without my slow cooker!

      Delete
  2. I would love to go to Costa Rica! I've had friends go and say it's amazing and gorgeous! Hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've heard, too! Everyone I know that has been there has told me it's incredible. I can't wait! And thank you! I hope you had a great one, too! :)

      Delete