Overwhelmed.

Monday, March 16, 2015

[via]

If I had to choose a single word to describe how I've been feeling recently, it would without a doubt be "overwhelmed."

I think I've gotten much better at hiding it, too (even from myself) because until this morning, I didn't realize how much was going on in my head.

I really hate the feeling when you're juggling like 20 important things and you see them all up in the air, spinning above your head, and you get that terrible feeling in your gut because you just know that before long, one of them is going to come crashing down. And once one falls, the rest slowly follow until you are sitting in a giant mess of responsibilities you couldn't handle.

My mom always used to tell me when I got this feeling, it meant that it was time to throw something off the raft. It was time to take down one of those responsibilities and hand it back to the person who gave it to you. I've always loved that idea because most of the time, it worked for me. I was always able to find a way to lighten my load and secure some breathing room.

The problem is right now, I can't get rid of anything. Work is extremely important. School is extremely important. All of the responsibilities that I've got spinning right now simply cannot be returned.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do, other than hope that I can find a way to make it through, I guess. Hopefully in the coming weeks, I'll be able to cross some things off my list and ease the stress, but until then, if you need me, I'll just be over here juggling...

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! That's an exhausting way to spend your brain power, so I hope things slow down soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really hope so too. It's no fun when life gets like this.

      Delete
  2. I am feeling ya 100% lately. I worked at 70 hour work week and literally had so much going on in my head that I couldn't fall asleep at night. You just have to take it one day at a time and focus on one thing at a time. Good luck with everything. We'll be here when things slow down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! And 70 hours?! Ahhh that sounds utterly exhausting! I know exactly what you mean though about not being able to sleep. I can't seem to shut my brain off at night. Ugh, I hope you get some relief too soon!

      Delete
  3. If you have time (even 5-10min) try doing some meditating. I know right before the wedding I went nuts, my asthma was wearing havoc inside my body, and I couldn't function. I made myself take 10 min of guided relaxation (there's probably an app, but I used youtube) and just tried to relax.
    It gave me some fuel to keep juggling. Hope it helps you too, if you decide to try it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such incredible advice! I used to do yoga pretty consistently and the classes I took always ended with a 5 minute guided meditation/savasana. It always helped me, but I've gotten totally out of my practice in the last year. I am going to try to meditate tonight! Thank you for the tip!!

      Delete