Mother's Day

Monday, May 11, 2015



For Mother's Day this year, I took my sweet mama on a little roadtrip up to Linganore Winecellars for the afternoon. Neither of us had been there before, so based on a recommendation from a friend, I made reservations for a wine & cheese pairing early in the day to avoid the weekend crowds - and boy am I glad I did! We decided to pack a little picnic lunch and some chairs so that we could sit outside under the shade of the big trees overlooking the winery after we had finished our tasting.  We were also pretty excited to find they had live music on the patio that we could still hear from our spot on the lawn.


 


 
Spending the day at a winery is enjoyable enough on its own, but the fact that my mom is a "one-glass-of-wine-and-she's-feeling-kinda-tipsy" girl, made the trip so much more fun! She had me in stitches throughout the entire tasting.  Check out her smiley face rating scale. Not entirely sure why her favorite wine got lips, but I'm glad she enjoyed it!


We sampled twelve of their tastiest wines and ended up buying an entire case to bring home with us! Our wine buzz may or may not have had something to do with that...

It turned out to be the most gorgeous and relaxing day we have both had in quite some time. My mom has been going through quite a bit of stress with work and trying to sort things out after my grandfather's passing and I have been studying like mad for my final exam that I just finished on Saturday. So to say we both needed this day would be a severe understatement. I hope that we can make it back to Linganore a few times throughout the summer to enjoy more weekends like this!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend celebrating all of the wonderful moms out there!

3 comments:

  1. I love Linganore Winecellars! Their Skipjack is my favorite and is available in most stores. Glad you got to visit Frederick County!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet of you to take your mom to such a nice place! :) We surprised my mom by driving down (3 hours!) to make it to breakfast. She was so confused! We brought flowers, gifts and spent the morning and afternoon together. I love the rating with smiley faces! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun place. That sounds like a perfect mother-daughter day out. I'm glad you got the case of wine. :)

    ReplyDelete