To My Love On Your 30th Birthday

Thursday, May 28, 2015


It's hard to believe that on this day, 30 years ago, the man who would steal my heart was brought into this world. While I've only been with him for five of those years, he has made me so thankful for every minute we have spent together.

To the one who still opens my car door like it's our first date, even after all these years.
Who surprises me with pancake and bacon smiley faces when I'm having a rough morning.
Who puts cinnamon on everything he eats, but never forces me to taste it.

To my inventor of funny words like "girl cheese" and "commando strips."
Who will sit for hours with me having lengthy discussions about silly things like the appropriate size for apple chunks in an apple pie and filling to crust ratio.
Who always knows when I need a hug or a bubble bath and wine or a mini Smith island cake from giant or a Gilmore girls marathon.

To my hoarder of pens, and cinnamon tic tacs, and brightly colored work gloves.
Who is always prepared and keeps me safe and always makes sure I have everything I need.
Who loves me unconditionally, is patient with me, and always forgives me.

Here's to you, Mikey, on your 30th Birthday.

Thank you for always being there as my partner in crime, my shoulder to cry on, my rock, my love, and my best friend. I love you more than words can say.

Happy Birthday baby.

2 comments:

  1. Love this, it is so sweet! Happy #30th to Mike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He had a great day yesterday for sure! :)

      Delete