Baltimore Social - Cornhole!

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

So many Bawlmer things in one photo.

So between all of the weddings, house projects, and getaway weekends, Mike and I decided to do something completely and totally different this fall. We joined the Baltimore Social cornhole league!

Yep, that's right! The two of us along with five of my co-workers and friends assembled a team we like to call The Periodic Table Dancers. We are nerds, I know.


One night a week, we've been meeting up at McHenry Row in the city to do a little drinkin' and bag throwin' against what seems like some of the best teams in Baltimore. I'd like to say that we are one of the best teams, but that would be a big fat lie. Our first night, we lost miserably in both of our games and up until about the third week of the league, we didn't have a single win. I would like to report, however, that we ended up finishing with a record of 3-9! We have more wins than the RAVENS! Woohoo! (But at the same time, that's extremely depressing.)

It's been a total blast hanging out, getting to know everyone, snacking on some homemade salsa thanks to my friend Angela, and celebrating (or drowning our sorrows) together after the games. If all goes well, be on the lookout, because The Periodic Table Dancers may just be trying their hand in skeeball next season!

If you're thinking about joining a sports league in the area, check out the Baltimore Social page here!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun fun idea! Some of my friends did a Baltimore Social kickball league and loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! We were thinking about getting a team together for the kickball league in the spring! It really is so much fun!

      Delete
  2. Ahhhhh love this! Chris does the kickball and cornhole leagues too! PS. The costumes in that photo- YESSSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know! That was during theme week. I loved the Cards Against Humanity! And we are probably going to try to get a team together for kickball in the Spring! I've heard it's so much fun!

      Delete
  3. Love it! I've always wanted to do something like this but my work schedule doesn't really allow for it :( but I'm pretty good at cornhole so I'd definitely love to do it - I'm definitely going to check out the Baltimore Social Page :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! Hopefully you can find the time! If you ever want a spot on a team, just let me know! We can always use more people! We just signed up for skeeball today since I really don't want to play in a league outside in the winter, but it's perfect for the warmer weather! :)

      Delete
  4. We did dodgeball a few years ago and had a blast! I need to try and do another sport in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the dodgeball leagues and they look like so much fun! I haven't played since high school, but I'm sure it would be a blast!

      Delete