Halloweekend

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

So this post was originally intended for Monday morning but my weekend recovery has been a little slower than usual, so here we are on Tuesday. Such is life.

Our weekend adventure started on Friday night when we went to a Halloween party dressed as "Guess Who?" characters. Who remembers this awesome game?! As a true 90s kid, I can't even count the number of times I played this one. (Is your person wearing glasses?


Mike went as Tom and I went as Anita. I had originally planned to go as Maria but had a bit of trouble finding a green beret. I was kicking myself too because, had I thought about it a little sooner, I could have picked one up in Paris! 

The next night, we headed out to Fells Point for a good old fashioned Baltimore Halloween. You can never go wrong with Fells any year, but this particular Halloween was epic for two reasons. One, Halloween fell on a Saturday. Whenever Halloween is on a weeknight, the celebrations aren't typically as fun because people tend to split their parties into two different weekends. This year, there was no doubt as to when the parties were going to be, meaning more people, more events, and much more fun. Two, Daylight Savings ended at 2:00am giving us an extra hour of partying! Cheers to that!





Mike and I changed up our costumes for Fells and went as Maverick and Goose from Top Gun. It must have been a popular costume this year because every bar we went into, we would run into at least one other Maverick and Goose team. Two guys even had the helmets! It did however, make for lots of great photos and camaraderie!



Our friends Ashley and Jesse went as bacon and eggs and I pretty much died from the cuteness.

Some of my favorite costumes of the night were definitely Left Shark (which I failed to get a picture of thanks to all the Natty Boh I had), wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tube man, and Bob Ross. SO many incredible ideas! 




After all the Halloween partying, I ended the weekend on a high note with an afternoon of paintballing in old prom and bridesmaid dresses for my friend Chelsea's bachelorette party. 


I had never been paintballing before, but I am pretty much addicted now. It was such an adrenaline rush (and a fantastic stress reliever) running around with a badass looking gun, shooting high speed paint at people. Such a blast! I hope to do it again soon and maybe bring Mike to do a little couple's competition! ;)

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh we were in Fells Point too! Again- obsessed with their Guess Who costume. It's sooo good! I love your picture of Fells Point with all the people. It was intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Yea, it was insane down there. I saw your batman & penguin costumes - they were awesome!!

      Delete
  2. that sounds like such a fun halloween! We've kept things very on the low at home watching scary movies. We're so lame. We were both so bummed that we vowed to host a halloween party next year at our house. That's how bad we missed celebrating. Costumes were great! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And honestly, I love low-key Halloween nights like that sometimes! But I'm sure your party next year will be awesome! :)

      Delete
  3. SO much fun!! Fells is seriously the best for Halloween, it is madness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! This year felt even more crazy than in the past for some reason. I swear everyone was out there!

      Delete