Heading South for Black Friday

Friday, November 27, 2015


Happy Black Friday everyone! I hope you all had a beautiful Thanksgiving stuffing yourselves with turkey, pie, and all the love of friends and family.

We had a wonderful holiday spent at my parents' house with extended family on both sides. We thoroughly enjoyed cooking in the morning, sipping cocktails, watching football, taking family photos, and playing games late into the evening. My even smoked both of our turkeys! They were so, so good. It was nice having everyone in one place this year and not having to travel around to different homes. I wish we could do this every year!


Today, Mike and I are skipping the lines and crazy crowds and we're hopping on a plane destined for sunny Florida! Yes, for us, it is FINALLY vacation time!

We didn't take any vacations this year, so we are absolutely thrilled to have some time off. We're planning to visit my grandparents and my cousin for a few days before we head off to the Caribbean for a week long cruise! We are so excited for both parts of this trip and I can't wait to share all the details when we get back!

That being said, it was probably pretty dumb of me to plan a vacation for the first week of our #HeresToYouDecember Instagram Challenge but I've made arrangements so that I can still post on Instagram for each day of the challenge. Make sure you follow along with us and feel free to post as many days as you can!

I toyed around with the idea of paying for Wifi on the ship so that I could just post the pics myself, but at $20 a day, I really wasn't so sure I wanted to fork out that kind of cash for a single post each morning. One of my favorite things about cruising is being able to completely disconnect and I feel like if I paid for wifi, I would be tempted to log in much more frequently when I really should be unplugging altogether. So instead, I've recruited help from someone staying back in the states so that I can still participate and keep up with the challenge while I'm off the grid. So while you won't be seeing any vacation pics until I get back, I'll still be all there stirring up the Christmas spirit! Only five more days til it begins! I can't wait to see everyone's posts when I get back!

Have a wonderful rest of your Thanksgiving holiday and I'll see you in just over a week!

4 comments:

  1. That's super exciting!! I can't wait to see where you go on your cruise! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy- so happy for you and Mike and your much deserved vacation! Soak up some sunshine for us! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blast, girl! You totally deserve a break! I love the family pictures you posted, so cute and funny! Have fun and can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow have SO much fun on your cruise! Wish I was going on one! I love that aspect about cruising too.. being able to disconnect =)

    ReplyDelete