12 Questions of Christmas

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The other day, I was tagged by Macy from To Travel and Beyond to answer the fun Christmas questions below that Meg from The Borrowed Heaven created. So I thought I'd take some time today to answer them!


1. What is your favorite Christmas Tradition?

Ever since I was a little kid, my parents and I have had a fabulous Christmas eve tradition where we all hop into our PJs after church and dinner, make up some hot chocolate (now with a little Bailey's for me), and drive around to look at Christmas lights. We always visit our old houses - including my parents' houses where they grew up - and see how the neighborhoods have changed. It's so much fun reminiscing and chatting about when we all were little!

2. Where do you spend Christmas?

Since we got married, Mike and I have made a point to actually wake up on Christmas Day in our own living room. We enjoy baking up a Christmas breakfast together, usually overnight French Toast, and spending the quiet morning opening the gifts we got one another. It's just nice to spend some time just the two of us before we run around to visit with our families.

3. What is your favorite Christmas song?

For Christmas, I'm all about Bing Crosby. I can't help but stick with the classics. I love decorating the tree listening to his albums. It would probably be a tie between his version of White Christmas and Mele Kalikimaka. 

4. Do you decorate before or after Thanksgiving?

Definitely after. Or in the case of this year, about three days before Christmas. We are so behind.

5. Tinsel or garland?

I love a little tinsel and the way it makes the tree sparkle, but there is no way we can have it with Carlisle. He seems to think it's a tasty silver snack. So garland, by default. 

6. Who are you most excited to see this Christmas season?

My family from Chicago! My aunt, uncle, and their two girls are coming into Baltimore to spend the holidays with us and I cannot contain my excitement! Can't wait for them to get here!

7. Do you own an ugly Christmas sweater?

Actually, no. Every time we've gone to an ugly Christmas sweater party I've borrowed one from my mom. (Sorry, mom.) But this weekend we have another party coming up so we are going out one night this week to snag a couple. I desperately want this sloth one, even though it's a dude's sweater, but they're always sold out. Sad face.

8. What is one Christmas food you cannot live without?

Every year on Christmas day, my parents make a big steak and lobster dinner. It's one of our family traditions that's been carried down since pretty much the beginning of time. I look forward to it so much every year and I don't know what I'd do if we couldn't have it. 

9. Peppermint or gingerbread?

All things peppermint!

10. Have you ever tried a fruit cake?

Ew, yes. It was a decision I deeply regret.

11. What is one thing you asked for this Christmas?

I actually didn't make a list this year. But if I had to ask for one thing, it would probably just be that everyone has a happy and healthy holiday. So many people I know are going through some tough health issues right now, so I just pray that they can spend some time relaxing and really enjoying the season, getting the break they so much deserve.

12. If you could be any Christmas movie character, who would you be?

Aunt Bethany, for the win.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for playing along with this!! I LOVE your family's Christmas tradition on Christmas Eve! Lobster and steak sounds delicious on Christmas, Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thank YOU! It was so much fun :) And I seriously can't wait for the lobster. I crave it so badly every year around this time!

      Delete
  2. I am so excited to be waking up with Dave on Christmas, in out own house! I'm jealous of your Christmas dinner, lobster?! YES please!

    ReplyDelete