Our 2015 Christmas

Tuesday, December 29, 2015


Christmas this year was different in many ways. It was the first Christmas that Mike and I haven't run around to a bunch of different houses, eating all the foods and opening all the gifts as fast as we can before rushing off to the next place. We decided instead this year to stay with my parents and carve out time over the remaining days of 2015 to spend with Mike's family and celebrate with them. While it was a little strange not seeing Mike's mom and sister on Christmas Day, we are looking forward to spending five days in Delaware with them for New Year's. In the past, it's often felt like we spend our entire holiday in the car instead of relaxing and enjoying the company of family, so I am definitely loving the change of pace.

This year also for the first time in a long time, we got to celebrate the holiday with some of my extended family from Chicago. It's been quite a few years since we've had anyone special in town for Christmas and spending a week with my cousins, aunt, and uncle was a serious treat!

We played a ton of games, watched movies, ate more cookies than I can count, had our traditional steak and lobster dinner, and spent most of the time laughing and carrying on until the wee hours of the morning as we usually do. It was a blast and I miss them terribly now that they have left.

I'm sad that Christmas is now over, but I am more than a little eager to kick off the new year. We have big plans for 2016 and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

I hope everyone had a beautiful holiday! Merry Christmas to you all!

6 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds like you are having a wonderful time with family and friends! Happy 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! Happy New Year to you too! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like an amazing Christmas. I love when we get to see family that lives far.. Most of his lives in Michigan and it's always a treat when we get to celebrate together. :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I love it when we get to see them. Especially when it's been a really long time since we've all gotten together. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a really great holiday! Being able to stay in one place sounds so nice! I love the wrapping paper you used!

    ReplyDelete