September already?!

Wednesday, September 7, 2016


You know how they say that life only speeds up as you get older? Well I’m kinda freaking out about that since I feel like there’s no way it can fly by any quicker than it is now. 

It feels like yesterday was the first day of summer and now here we are after Labor Day with fall nearly upon us. Where did summer gooo?! We had a nice Labor Day weekend spending time with family and friends camping up at Hershey as we always do, but with the way things are flying by and all the craziness ahead over the next couple of months, I couldn’t help but be a little anxious about the weekend ending. I feel like I’m going to blink and I’ll be seeing Christmas trees everywhere! I’m so not ready for this!

If it wasn’t already bad enough, starting this week, we won’t have a single weekend free (or many weeknights free either) until November. Even then, there are only about ten days where nothing has been planned. Our trip to Belgium was moved to November and we won’t be returning until just before Thanksgiving. Talk about hectic timing. 

While I have to admit I’m excited for everything that’s coming because it’s mostly fun stuff, I’m trying not to let my inner control freak get the best of me. I get all sorts of panicky every time I so much as glance at my planner. This week alone we have committee meetings, doctor’s appointments, a concert, and birthday celebrations that fill up every bit of free time we have. Somewhere during all of this and work, we have to find time to prep our house for waterproofing the basement, get two weeks worth of our stuff together, move to my parents’ house with the animals, and PACK EVERYTHING FOR A WEEK IN ICELAND. We won’t have much time to do it next week because Mike and I both are swamped with work stuff that will keep us from getting home before 8:00 or 9:00PM. I know I should be excited about Iceland right now but I can’t stop freaking out about how little time I have to prepare! 

September, you snuck up too quickly!

In the end though, I have to focus on the fact that this is a vacation we’ve been planning for months, so I know we’ll enjoy the heck out of it. Just give me a few glasses bottles of wine to get through and I’ll be good to go! ;) 

If you’re the praying kind, say an extra one for us this week and keep your fingers and toes crossed that we can get all of this done before we hop on that plane! There's a chance we'll make it to Iceland with nothing but the clothes on our backs, but at least you’ll be in for one hell of a blog re-cap!

6 comments:

  1. I am anxious just reading this- but I know you can do it! If there is ANYTHING I can do to help you feel less stressed, please let me know! I will absolutely be saying some prayers for you guys through the next few months. We have the same busy schedule for every weekend until November as well once September 19th hits. I am trying to de-stress before hand, but I don't think I know how to do that. Just keep thinking of the AMAZING trip you are about to go on, and at least you have a break before Belgium. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much love! We seriously appreciate it. I swear this is a crazy time of year for all of us! I hope you can push through it too! Also, I MISS YOU. I know I've said it like 30,000 times but it's TRUE :(

      Delete
  2. Eeek I can't wait to read about your trip to Iceland! It's definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to go! Every picture I see makes me more excited! I'll definitely be sharing a ton here and on Insta!

      Delete
  3. Girl...that's a lot. But it's all really great things and you've been planning this trip to Iceland for FOREVER. I'm so excited for you and Mike and know that this is exactly what you both need to recharge and get away! I'm selfishly glad you came back to the blogging world because I want to read alllllll of the Iceland and Belgium posts! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't wait to post them!! :) Thanks girl. I'm just hoping we'll get it all together by the time we leave for the airport haha

      Delete