Shamrock Shindig and other Shenanigans

Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Last weekend may have been a total whirlwind for us, but it was also a total blast. I hosted the Baltimore Baton (founded by my Baltimore blog babe bestie Megan of Soup of the Day) and we spent the weekend hopping around the city to all of our favorite spots, sharing our adventures on their Instagram page along the way. We covered quite a bit of ground and even spent an afternoon pretending to be Irish down at the Inner Harbor.

Saturday we hung out most of the day in Hampden, starting at our favorite coffee shop, Artifact Coffee, for brunch, then spent the afternoon driving around Charles Village, hanging out at Red Emma's for some study time, checking out Graffiti Alley right around the corner, and then back to Hampden to do a little shopping at True Vine and hit Paulie Gee's for a late lunch. (They have the absolute best vegan pizza by the way. The arugula, pickled onion, and cashew "ricotta" was to die for.)


The next morning we were up early and popped down to Fells to caffeinate and walk a bit in the sunshine before our first stop down near Pier V. Megan was hosting an event through Waterfront Partnership called Shamrock Shindig. (I know this girl is everywhere and just as amazing as she sounds!)


There were local food trucks serving up some of the best Irish dishes, live music by The Shamrogues (we even got to meet them and snag a free CD!), lawn games, and tons of festive spirits. We stayed until the end, dancing and hanging out with friends, and then headed over to Pratt Street for the St. Patrick's Day Parade!

The whole weekend was so much fun and it was a great way to kick off the holiday! I hope everyone has a safe and super fun weekend celebrating!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had such a perfect Baltimore weekend!! I loved following along in your adventures while you held the baton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! Thanks so much girl, I'm glad you enjoyed following <3

      Delete
  2. Love this post! Your photos look incredible! Are these all on your iPhone? What do you use to edit them? It was such a fun time hanging out with you guys that day! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! <3 We had so much fun seeing you guys and jammin out to some Irish tunes! And yes, all my photos here were shot on my iPhone 7. I use VSCO to edit them directly. I had searched for a few different hints about filters on Pinterest and found a combo that I liked. Let me know if you're interested and I'll show you my editing process sometime!

      Delete